1. Alaska CHARR fights for your rights as a business owner in the hospitality industry, through lobbying on the local, state and national levels. CHARR employs one of the state’s longest tenured, most well respected lobbyist on your behalf.
2. Alaska CHARR is leading the way to defend your industry in the Title IV revisions, and we will continue to do so when these revisions are necessary.
3. The Alaska CHARR Political Action Committee is supporting pro-industry candidates, which results in a better business climate.
4. The repeal of the Special Occupational Tax (SOT) saves every licensee at least $250.00 per year. Alaska CHARR had a major influence on the repeal of this tax, which began during the Civil War to fund the northern army.
5. Alaska CHARR’s Workers Comp Program has returned over $1.3 million to our participating members. Just call your agent and tell them you want to be part of the Republic Indemnity & Alaska CHARR program.
6. Alaska CHARR have led the way in developing a Legal Defense Fund to assist industry members push back on an over reaching government.
7. Alaska CHARR is working to educate the public about the alcohol industries: including the invention of the End of Prohibition parties to show people that we need to be vigilant.
8. Alaska CHARR opposes .05 BAC Requirements MADD, and other neo-prohibitionist organizations, would like to outlaw alcohol completely.
9. Alaska has one of the highest alcohol excise tax rates in the nation: our industry should not be singled out for special taxes. That is why Alaska CHARR Opposes Alcohol Taxes.
10. Alaska CHARR has been providing the most widespread statewide alcohol server training program since 1984. There are currently 40 contract instructors for the Training for Alcohol Professionals (TAP) ® program to serve the needs of communities throughout the state. Discounted class rates available for Alaska CHARR members.
11. Alaska CHARR members will receive discounted rates on Credit Card processing though Heartland Payment Systems (HPS)