Since 1964 Alaska CHARR has been representing your interests at the local, state and national government levels. Now we’d like to represent you in the court room as well. Alaska CHARR is moving forward with a significant initiative to support the rights of hospitality industry businesses and the 25,000+ employees that make up our industry.
Click the arrow to watch a short video about Alaska CHARR and what we do for you!
Visit our Publications page to download the 2012 Alaska CHARR Annual Report
• Alaska CHARR is the only statewide organization serving the hospitality industry, since 1964.
• With Alaska CHARR Affiliates established in Fairbanks, Kodiak, Ketchikan, Anchorage, Juneau/Lynn Canal, Nome, Sitka and the Kenai Peninsula, we strive to provide the Alaska hospitality industry with the most comprehensive representation.
• Alaska CHARR fights for your rights as a business owner in the hospitality industry, through lobbying on the local, state and national levels.
• Alaska CHARR has been providing the most widespread statewide alcohol server training program, since 1984, and continues to be dedicated to providing the best education for servers and sellers of beverage alcohol across the State with Training For Alcohol Professionals (TAP).
• Alaska CHARR provides certified food protection manager training using the nationally-accredited food safety training, ServSafe® Food Safety Program.
• Alaska CHARR publishes the hospitality trade publication (Alaska CHARR Magazine®), distributed free of charge to over 1,800 licensees in the state. Alaska CHARR Magazine® keeps you informed about current events and issues affecting the hospitality industry.
• The Alaska CHARR Worker’s Comp Dividend Fund has produced dividends averaging almost $2,000 (with some exceeding $25,000!) for the last several years. Alaska CHARR is proud to provide business solutions to put money back in your pocket!
• Alaska CHARR has partnered with Heartland Payment Systems, the endorsed provider of the National Restaurant Association, to provide the hospitality industry with comprehensive and competitive full-disclosure credit card processing, as well as a host of other financial services designed to suit the needs of the hospitality industry.
• Alaska CHARR has partnered with the US Pharmacy Group to offer discount prescription cards to any hospitality industry participant. This card can be used at most pharmacies, and has been earning participants discounts of 50% or more!!!
• The Alaska CHARR Educational Fund, Inc. provides approximately $30,000 in scholarships annually to students planning to pursue a career in Alaska’s hospitality industry, raised through our annual Selman Golf Tournament, private donations, and pulltab & raffle sales.
• The Alaska CHARR Educational Fund, Inc. is the home of the Alaska ProStart program, a high school level school-to-career culinary management program, educating the future leaders of our industry.
Mission Statement The Alaska Cabaret, Hotel, Restaurant and Retailers Association is
a non-profit corporation, dedicated to serve the needs of the hospitality
industry in the state of Alaska. The Association provides training
programs, membership services, legislative and government relations,
informational services, and promotes the industry for its members.
ALASKA CHARR HAS HEATED, SECURE, 24-HOUR ACCESSIBLE STORAGE UNITS AVAILABLE!
Conveniently located in the CHARR Headquarter Building, midtown Anchorage (1503 W. 31st – Minnesota and 31st behind Wells Fargo)