Your Hospitality Future
The Charles H. Selman Scholarship (CHS) Fund was created in 1995 by the CHARR Board of Directors to beneﬁt committed Alaskans dedicated to excellence in Alaska’s hospitality industry.
Named after long-time CHARR member, Charlie Selman, the program honors the significant contributions he made to our industry. Since then, the CHS Scholarship has awarded nearly $300,000 to deserving students and continues to grow.
In October 2002, the CHS Scholarship Program was entrusted to the newly formed Alaska CHARR Educational Fund, Inc. This change allows CHARR to extend our scope of giving and support to our industry.
Qualifications for the Scholarship
• Pursuing a career in the Alaska hospitality industry
• Alaska resident or in the process of becoming a resident
• Accepted for admission to an accredited university, certiﬁcate program, or post-secondary vocational school
• Applied previously? Apply again! We love repeat applicants!
1. Fill out the application online.
2. Include a letter detailing the following: why you are applying, goals in the hospitality industry and your career, whether you plan on staying in Alaska, and what you have done in the hospitality industry so far.
3. Collect a letter of recommendation.
4. Attach a current phot of yourself.
5. Collect a Certificate of Enrollment (Certificate program or Degree program)
6. Complete the application form and all documents and send (via mail or email) by deadlines for Fall and Spring semesters to Alaska CHARR Educational Fund, Inc. Scholarship Committee 1503 W. 31st Ave. Suite 102, Anchorage, AK 99503 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
BE SURE TO COMPLETE ALL STEPS ABOVE
Award notices will be sent out approximately two months after the deadline. Awardees will be expected to provide follow-up information.