Alaska CHARR is the hospitality leader for workforce development, legislative representation, advocacy, and industry training
Our Mission: Dedicated to advancing, serving, and protecting Alaska's hospitality and foodservice industry.
What does Alaska CHARR do for you?
- Alaska CHARR fights for your rights as a business owner in the hospitality industry, through lobbying on the local, state and national levels. Alaska CHARR is the only statewide organization serving the hospitality industry, since 1964.
- Alaska CHARR Affiliates are established in Fairbanks, Kodiak, Ketchikan, Juneau/Lynn Canal, Sitka, the Matanuska-Susitna Borough, Cook Inlet and the Kenai Peninsula. We strive to provide the Alaska hospitality industry with the most comprehensive representation.
- Alaska CHARR provides the most widespread statewide alcohol server training program, since 1984, and continues to be dedicated to providing the best education for servers and sellers of beverage alcohol across the State with Training For Alcohol Professionals (TAP).
- Alaska CHARR provides certified food protection manager training using the nationally-accredited food safety training, ServSafe® Food Safety Program.
- Alaska CHARR publishes the hospitality trade publication (Alaska CHARR Magazine®), distributed free of charge to over 1,900 licensees in the state. Alaska CHARR Magazine® keeps you informed about current events and issues affecting the hospitality industry.
- The Alaska CHARR Worker’s Comp Dividend Fund has produced dividends averaging almost $2,000 (with some exceeding $25,000!) for the last several years. Alaska CHARR is proud to provide business solutions to put money back in your pocket!
- Alaska CHARR has partnered with national groups, to offer discount prescription cards to any hospitality industry participant. We also are able to offer Teledoc health care services - including mental health support - to employees and family members at a low, competitive cost.
- The Alaska CHARR Educational Fund, Inc. provides approximately $30,000 in scholarships annually to students planning to pursue a career in Alaska’s hospitality industry, raised through our annual Selman Golf Tournament, private donations, and pull-tab & raffle sales.